Friday, January 21, 2011

Could be meeting our little boy tomorrow!

Well I have officially been diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. A real shocker for me, because everything was going so perfect and I've never had a high blood pressure reading in my life. I had a doctors appointment yesterday, and when they checked my blood pressure it was 160/103 then after resting on my side it went down to 143/92 but of course, still too high. They had me do an non stress test and then they took blood to check liver enzymes and blood platelets. The first blood test was normal, but the blood platelets came back a little low, so my OB is talking about inducing me! It's all up to the 24-hour urine collection I had to do. I turned it in this morning, so now it's just a waiting game to hear the results. If it shows too much protein my OB will be inducing me as soon as tomorrow!! I am shocked. I had a weird feeling this week...like something was going to happen. I just didn't know that it meant this! I always imagined going into labor naturally. And this entire pregnancy my biggest fear was having to get induced or having a higher possibility of c section. And now I am on bed rest until delivery so I can't even do anything to try to move things along. It's so frustrating, and I'm really nervous. But I know it's all in God's hands and in the end I will come out of it with a beautiful baby boy to take home with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment