Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Our little Noah will be here any day!!

We are playing the waiting game! And I have officially hit nesting. It's been sooo hectic around here I haven't had a chance to post until now. I have been having false labor for about a week. It goes away when I sleep but starts up again the second I wake up. The majority of the time my contractions are 10 minutes apart, when I rest they feel better but come back in regular intervals still. I don't know how I will know when I am actually in early labor! Especially since they have started wrapping around to my back and into my legs. I felt so ridiculous yesterday crying to DH because I was just exhausted. lol. But I had just had a long day shopping and was on my feet more than I should have been and my body was very angry with me! He pushed on some pressure points in my back and that made me feel a lot better. I'm sure that's going to be much needed during real labor. Noah dropped just before 36 weeks so I've been doing the waddle. :P
We got the nursery finished, and I have finished all of my sewing projects for before he shows up. I still need to make more One Size All-In-2's but since Noah dropped I can no longer sit at my sewing table confortably(or sit anywhere for that matter!) so they will have to wait until later! Probably March-April. I have gotten everything all ready for him. However we are waiting for his cradle pad/mattress to show up and I just hope it shows up before he does!! I had to order it since it is organic and none of the places in my area carry organic mattress'. Then once we get our tax return we will be buying an organic crib mattress. I feel like if I should go organic on anything, it would be worth it for the mattress!
I ordered some bamboo fleece in December, and I made 24 doublers, and then snake style inserts to fit into my AI2's. My newborn fitteds and covers were all made out of scraps and I used microfiber and terry cloth for the inserts for those. I wanted to save the bamboo fleece for the stuff that is going to be used for longer since it is expensive. I also made some burp cloths out of the bamboo fleece and they are awesome!! Seriously, I cannot believe how absorbent this fabric is. When I washed it the first time after sewing it soaked up the water SO fast, I know that my inserts and burp cloths are going to wonderful absorbers! I am considering ordering some bamboo terry to make kitchen towels with now, lol.

The next time I write here may not be until he has arrived! Especially if my gut feeling that he's going to be here this week is right. I'm just so excited to meet my little boy!!

Oh, and here is a picture my dad took for me a few weeks ago. At 35 weeks 3 days:
Photobucket

Noah's nursery:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment