Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mei Tai Carrier

This week I made a swaddling blanket and this mei tai that has interchangable panels and I have been extremely excited to show it off. Since I don't have the baby to try it out with yet, I did the best with what I had! (BTW that baby in my belly is being extremely active today! Only 21 weeks to go!)
Anyways, I am in love with these interchangable panels. I cannot wait to make more! For now I just made the one pretty butterfly one(out of fabric from the remnants section at Joann's), then I made a Mossy Oak Camo panel so that DH can use it too!!

Some pics:

First off the swaddling blanket...it didn't seem so functional on my neice Vera(she's quite the kicker though)...so for now I don't think I will be making more. However, I have considered adding hook and loop in some spots to hopefully make the unfunctional functional again! Hoping that it wasn't a complete waste of time:





The tutorial I got the idea from :) ~ Shannon Makes Stuff


Now here is my favorite creation so far. The Mei Tai!! DH was impressed with my handy work. I have to admit I was impressed with myself too. haha. I've never done any sewing jobs that take so much work!! I usually stick with the simple things. Now I feel like I could make anything!!


Close up of panel:

Close up of panel for hubby to use: Mossy Oak Camo




And yes I know the velcro is a little bit wonky. I had a hard time meauring out the panels because I only have one simple metal ruler and no quilting rulers or anything. So with less supplies you get less quality. Either way, you can't tell once the panel is put into the Mei Tai, so really doesn't matter right? :)


The tutorial for this one! ~ Mei Tai Carrier with Interchangable Panels

No comments:

Post a Comment