Monday, August 15, 2011

Current project: High chair restoration

So I bought this wood highchair last week from a lady on Craigslist. She had it up for $20 and I figured, what have I got to lose?? The foot step is broken off on one side, and it is missing a tray. The white paint job is "drippy" (meaning it was layed on a bit to thick and dropped as it was drying). Because of this I have decided to strip the paint. There is another layer of beige paint underneath the white which is not coming up quite so easily as the white is. But with a pressure washer a heat gun, metal brush and electric sander, I think I've got this!

I haven't decided whether or not to make a tray for it since it is perfect height to pull up to the table. We will see what happens!!

Here are a couple pics. I will post more as I am restoring it!!


Noah loves it too!!



On Thursday I am supposed to recieve an order of fabric from fabric.com(one of the best most ecenomical places to buy designer fabrics by the way!! Free shipping on $35+ purchases). I ordered a half yard of laminated cotton and some binding to make a cushion for the high chair. Here's the print:



I ordered green binding to match the color in the print exactly. I also decided to order some giraffe print minky because I have wanted some for awhile and it was on sale. With that I will be making a blanket, changing pad cover, large wipes case, a diaper or 2 and a lovey!! I am SO excited to get started! It has been awhile since I have been able to focus on making anything for noah(usually I am making items for the shop to sell. Oh and in case you were curious, this is the giraffe print minky I bought:



It matches his room and giraffe print wall perfectly!! And as a plus it was only $8.39 per yard!!! Go fabric.com!! (BTW about 10 minutes after I bought it, the price went up to $11.88(still on sale) so I'm glad I ordered when I did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment