Wednesday, August 17, 2011

TUTORIAL: Taggy Lovie with Paci Loop!!

This is my first tutorial so bear with me! This morning as I was starting to work on a taggy lovie for a custom order(my MIL ordered this along with a set of other items for hubby's cousin's new baby), I decided I might as well make a tutorial while I am at it.

To start you will need:

~1 piece cotton print - 14 1/2" x 14 1/2"
~1 piece cotton print - 2 1/2" x 5 1/2"
~1 piece minky - 14 1/2" x 14 1/2" (personally I cut this piece slightly larger to account for possible shifting while sewing, minky can be a pain to sew without a walking foot)
~Assorted ribbon(here I cut 4 pieces of each ribbon, all cut to 4" length. I also used 6 different styles of ribbon)
~Coordinating thread
~Pins
~Sewing needle
~2 snaps or hook and loop


For step one, cut out your fabric, and cut out your ribbon pieces. Fold ribbon pieces in half and pin them in a bit of a random manner around your piece of cotton print(make sure the folds are facing in:see picture). Leave one corner free of ribbon(this will be where the paci leash will go).




Step two: sew the ribbon onto the cotton print, I like to go back and forth over each ribbon a couple of times to make sure they are nice and secure.



Step three: Place cotton print with ribbon face to face with the minky and pin in place then sew. Make sure to leave the corner for the paci leash open!



Cut seam allowance and turn right side out. Set aside.




Step four: Now take your 2 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cotton print. Fold it in half(right side together) and sew closed one end and down one side.


Cut corners next to thread(do not cut actual thread!). Flip right side out and iron. Stitch around the edges.


Pin paci leash into place in the opening you left for it. Fold cotton print and minky inside with paci leash and pin in place. Topstitch around entire lovie.



Add snaps or hook and look to your paci leash. Finished!!


No comments:

Post a Comment